Sunday, July 20, 2014

Defuse with (Re)Purpose :)

Well on top of Using Essential Oils - and Loving every minute of it
I also LOVE Re-purposing things - I love looking at things that people see as garbage and seeing so many other uses for it :)

While my husband was in Tech School he needed the Occupational Patch sewn onto his uniform. I took it to the place on the base that does all the alterations and while there I saw they had a box of rank patches for free. I went home that day and could not stop thinking about them and other ways to use them besides as a patch on a uniform. That night I could not turn my mind off. I went back the next day to ask if I could have a few - a few minutes later they gave me a HUGE bag full of all different patches, every different rank and branches.  

As I have told you all a few of times I have horrible migraines. 
Something that I have found that works, when the pain in mostly in my temples is a Hot/Cold "rice" pack  the only issues I have with the ones sold in stores or made by friends, are they are square and don't get to the temple part of my head very well, that little "divot" where your temple is, to me I feel better when there is a bit of pressure on it, then I find that when I add Peppermint to the "bag" BONUS!!!

With some of the patches I received I made my own Hot/Cold pack - they are So Very Perfect, when you fill them the center/middle is the area that you fill the most, and because of that it sticks out a bit more fitting the temple area perfectly :)

I have also found that if you fill them with cracked corn it smell is much better
(the smell of rice gets to me after a bit, even when adding essential oils, I have found that the cracked corn does a better job all the way around)

The patches I used was Tech Sergent Rank - Blues Uniform Patch
I poured the cracked corn into a small plastic container and added a few drops of Peppermint Essential Oil - I placed the lid back on top and shook it up :)
I sewed two patches together along the Blue out line, and left a small opening in the side to fill with the cracked corn  that had the essential oil soaked in, into the patches, once full I sewed it closed and

TA DA - My Perfect Hot/Cold Pack

When I want it a bit warmer, I put in in the microwave for 30 seconds
When I want it a bit colder, I put it in the freezer for about an hour

Honestly I use it the most at room temp, between the Scent and the Pressure being perfect on my temple I normally don't have to do a thing, but when I do need a bit more, I normally get it hotter :)

When you feel you new need to refresh the scent there are a few ways to do it, you can
Place a few drops in the center of each side of the patch
Or
Place a few drops along the edge of the patch (where you sewed them together)
Or
It you have a dropper or "syringe" I push it through a stitched area and push the oil into the center the best you can (syringe shown in picture)


No comments:

Post a Comment