Thursday, July 31, 2014

Crepes

This post is about a Young Living Product - Just released at Convention
Einkorn Pancake and Waffle Mix

I was able to get a taste of the pancakes when I tried the Syrup

It had such an amazing taste and different from the cheap pancake mix I normally use
I had to have some :)

When I got it I saw the coolest thing on the side, a recipe for CREPES!!!!
Yep that is what I was making First!!!!!

So Saturday morning, guess what I made ;)

The only deviation for the recipe was that I added 1/4 cup of club soda
You do not have to they will be fantastic either way
The reason I added the club soda was to thin it out just a bit - I have had crepes made by a European for years and they are so thin and so yummy, I wanted to stay with a thinner crepe

As I said the recipe for crepes is on the side of the box and super easy to follow
As I finished each crepe I would put stack them on a plate, they stay warm and wonderful :)




For the fillings I had a verity
Chocolate Spread
Fresh Strawberries with a hint of sugar
Carmel Apple pieces
And a unique but so yummy filling
Cottage cheese with vanilla and sugar









I did not do a good job with the whip cream looking pretty in this picture
But it was my plate and I just wanted to dive in!
The plate I made for my husband was much prettier :)





These were absolutely wonderful, they are so good and had such a great flavor

My husband and I talked about how light they were but still so filling.
We feel full, and so good, and light (I know that might sound odd)
We felt ready to take on the day :) 
Such a great way to start a busy weekend

YEP  I will be making these again and often!!!!


As a side note :)
When I use vanilla - I only use Vanilla Bean Paste - you can find it in most grocery stores
The reason for the Vanilla Bean Paste is the flavor is nothing that a artificial flavoring can touch and the tinny beans in it add an even heightened flavor 
(you will see it in the far corner of the picture with all the ingredients - I figured if it got in the picture I should talk about it as well)

No comments:

Post a Comment