Friday, March 28, 2014

DIY Model Dough

Today - It is all about dough, yet again :)
I really have had a ton of fun this week playing with dough and with the different kinds was even more fun :)

The cloud dough, I did not know how it was going to turn out or what I was really going to think about it, turns out, so very relaxing, love the texture and adding the lavender so much more relaxing to play with!!

The Play Dough, LOVE it!!! I loved playing with my kids, but hate how much it was, and did not like the salt dough recipes that I tried before. This stuff rocks!  Love the feel and smell :)

Today Model Dough :)

Again this stuff is fantastic and so easy to make!!!
I was looking for a more "adult" dough, something that I could make into things, like diffusers
And something that would dry "pretty"

I found this recipe on line - it fit my criteria
Used things around the house, was easy and inexpensive
Though it does take longer to "cook" then the Play Dough did ;)

Here is the link to the original post  Model Clay

Recipe
2 Cups Baking Soda
1 Cup Corn Starch
1 1/2 Cups Water

Mix together in a pot, once mixed turn on the heat to Medium High
Continue to Stir - Mixture will start to get bubbly - Then start to Clump together
(Keep stirring the entire time)
Once it starts to clump watch it closely - Once it is mash potato consistency
Remove from heat and transfer to a large plastic bowl - cover with a wet rag
Once cooled it is ready to be played with :)

Store in an air tight container :)

Once you have it shaped as you want - you can leave it out to dry - it will dry a porcelain color and can be painted

I wanted a small stand up diffuser for my side table so I found this small frame at my local ceramic's store and then I filled it with the model clay and stamped it :)

Once dried I added a few drops of Valor (thus the blueish tint)
I am thrilled with the results!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment