Thursday, March 13, 2014

DIY Solid Perfume

As I am sure you have noticed, I prefer to make small batches of the different things I make.

It is just my husband and I an although it is easy to store everything, I prefer to keep things fresh
(6 months or less from the date I made it) Trust me I go though it all a lot faster than that.

So when I was thinking about this post I thought of doing it a few different ways, in the end I decided to stay with my small batch theme :)

Again so simple, so easy, so fun and inexpensive :)

You will need
Beeswax
Carrier Oil (I used Sweet Almond, it is great for skin, and the scent is great with the oil I used)
Essential Oil


You will need 1 teaspoons of Beeswax
Melt it (I used a small container and did it in the microwave)
add 1 teaspoon of your Carrier Oil
Mix well
Add your Essential Oil - I used 4 drops of Peace and Calming

Pour into your locket (I bought this one at Michaels - Love their coupons)
Let cool (takes about 10 minutes)

Love this stuff!!!!!!!!
The smell is fantastic and when I want a bit more of a boost from it, I just rub a bit on my finger and then rub it on to my wrists, behind my ear, and neck :)

I like making a small batch for personal use, this would make great gifts, and be fun to have a few different to pull out and use as want to easily while looking fantastic - If you do make more than one scent, store them in different zip lock bags.

You could also skip the locket and just make a small container of it.
Either way, Enjoy! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment