Wednesday, March 26, 2014

DIY Play Dough

I thinking about dedicating this weeks posts to "Play Dough"

I loved the cloud dough and how truly relaxing it is to play with, then that made me think of playing with play dough with my sons, and how much I loved doing that, but HATED the smell.

Again, I Love Pinterest :) I found a great pin and made some
Here is a link to the Post I Found Play Dough

Here is what you need
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Four
1/4 Cup Salt
2 Tablespoons Cream of Tartar
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil

Mix all the ingredients together in a pot, once mixed Keep stirring and turn on heat to Medium
Keep Stirring - It will start to thicken and clump up once it is no longer sticky remove from heat :)
Place on Waxed paper and let cool
Once cooled make a well in the center
 Add color - It is Play Dough it has to have color :) -I used Leaf Green - Gel Food Coloring
AND drop about 6 drops of essential oil
(you might want to add a few drops more once you have it mixed if you need/want to)

Store in an Air Tight Container

Bonus This stuff smells so much better, even without the oils !!!

I like using the calming smells, to be able to calm down while playing with something, but it is play dough and is meant to have a happy exciting feeling when playing with it so I went with spearmint - I really love Minty Smells :)

I have to say this week has been so much fun, so relaxing while still having fun and reliving happy moments from my and my children's childhood -- My husband has been laughing at me all the while having fun playing with it all as well :)

Friday's post will be on Model Clay - this really has been a fun week!!
I really hope you have been having fun as well!!  If not now, come back and look again later :)

I did not know which picture I liked more, so you get both :) So much fun to play with!!! Enjoy!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment