Friday, April 11, 2014

DIY Mouthwash with Vodka

I do not drink, I use to, it has been quite some time, 20+ years
I just stopped when I changed religions - Thou my drink of choice was Kaluha :)

Most mouthwash has alcohol in it, I can see it being a way to kill off bacteria

I have been wanting to make my own mouthwash

I researched different recipes - Some of the ones that used Vodka had WAY TO MUCH in it 
Not sure if it would be legal to drive, and pretty sure my headache would get worse
I am thinking some of these people called it mouthwash to make a way to be able to explain away the smell on their breath ;)

So after even more research here is my Recipe

6oz of Distilled Water
1TSP Baking Soda
1 Packet of Stevia
1TSP Vodka
5 Drops Spearmint Essential Oil

I used HOT water and added in the Baking Soda and Stevia, stir till it is all devolved
I put it in the refrigerator till it has cooled down --- DO NOT ADD ESSENTIAL OIL TO IT HOT!!!
Once cooled add the Essential oil and Vodka - Pour into Bottle
Shake till it is all mixed

Don't get me wrong it has a odd taste - mostly from the Baking Soda
 - But my mouth feels very very clean!! - 

You only need a small amount, the most important part of using any mouthwash is to swish it around in your mouth really well.



No comments:

Post a Comment