Tuesday, April 8, 2014

DIY - Aromatherapy Inhaler

I found these at a local natural grocery store +Harvest Moon Health Foods

When I saw them all I could do was smile - I knew exactly what Oils I wanted to use :)

I have to say Again this is one of the easiest projects :)

The bottom of these pop off
Inside is the cotton

I took the cotton out and added the oils directly to it

The inhalers I made, I only used a single individual oil
If you are using more than one oil per inhaler - I suggest you use a small bowl and premix your oils then soak the cotton.

These can last from 3 to 6 months (the shelf life is 1 year) if you leave it uncapped, out in the sun, heat or in direct light you could notice a reduction in potency.

There are a few ways to use these
Uncap and with one finger and to plug on nostril, then hold it up to the other nostril
- repeat with the other side.
OR
Uncap and wave in front of your nose

RECAP as soon as you are done!!

These are great for on the run!
I have one with Peppermint on the side of my bed. It is fantastic for when I feel my Headache getting worse and my hands are to shaky to use oils straight from the bottle.

I made 3 different ones - Each has a very specific purpose :)
Peppermint - For my headaches
Citrus Bliss - For a Pick Me Up
Stress Away - For when I am Stressing out or just feel overwhelmed

Some other Ideas
Purification - For someone who Travels
RC - for Allergies
Peace and Calming - For Stress
Lavender - For Stress
Valor - For Anxiety

I used 3 drops per inhaler

Once the potency is not where you would like it to be or after 1 year replace the cotton
And make a new one :)
Most places that sell the inhalers also sell the cotton separately (shown laying down in front)

As I stated earlier I do have a Peppermint on my bedside table
But I keep all of these in my purse - It makes them easy to find and perfect for when I am away from home and away from my Bottles of Oils.







No comments:

Post a Comment