Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Peppermint Soap! LOVE THIS!!!!!

This is my first time trying to grow anything - One thing I am trying is Mint :)
I have a planter box with Sweet Mint, Speariment, and Chocolate Mint (seriously - it smells like mint chocolate ice cream)

Monday I posted about making the easiest Soap Ever - And it really is :)

I have been thinking about all the different kinds of soap I could make, and my mind kept wandering back to my mint box, and the idea of a refreshing / invigorating soap, one that makes me happy and feel amazing - Mint Soap :) :) :)

I plucked 10 leaves of mint off my Sweet Mint Plant and use a micro plane to "grate up" the mint
I rolled the mint tight and grated it, it turned out to be the perfect size for what I was thinking :)

I melted 3 cubes from the soap block I got with my kit

I added 6 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil - I wanted it Strong :)
I added the Mint shavings and oil to the melted soap and stirred it up
Pour in Mold

Let it dry, unmold and Enjoy :)

Love this Soap - It is amazing and feels like no other soap I have ever used - It makes me so happy and smile when I use it!!! :) :)




** Side note this might be amazing if you used a clear glycerin base as well, it would be so cool to be able to see all the little mint pieces "floating" around and the whole leaf in the bar!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment