Saturday, May 3, 2014

How to clean out your Essential Oil Bottels

I am all about reusing things, and these are great bottles!
I love roller bottles - as you have seen, and these are the perfect size for carrying around with you.

I wanted to not only "clean" them out, but I wanted to remove all hint of the previous oil from the bottle

One of the best things I have found to "pull out" the oil is Epsom salt :)
So I made a "cleaning" box and but in the bottles to sit for 2 hours

Next - time for a "bath" and another great way to use Vodka
Make sure the Vodka Covers the bottles / I also added the caps to this bath
This will get out any remaining oils and help remove the labels
I had them soak for 1 hour

It seems like a long process, and some people say that they just use Vodka, I am more of a safe then sorry kind of person thus why I do both :)

I have to admit I am so excited about my clean bottles
There are so many oils I have been wanting to mix and try out :)


-- I would like to side note something - If you sell Essential Oils - Hold On to your "empty" bottles, they still have a few drops left in them and would be great to use for a display, that way if people want to smell them they can, and you don't have to worry about losing any of your new/fuller bottles

No comments:

Post a Comment