Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Oils to Help my Dog's Paws

I have a beautiful Pembroke Welsh Corgi - She is by far the princess of the house, we are just her people to do and she desires, and we have excepted that role :) 

For as long as we have had her (5 years) She has had this issue of licking her front paws, it drives me nuts.

I did some research to see what we could do to help her

I originally tried this with just the lavender oil and it really did not help,
once I added the Peace and Calming it worked like a charm!!
I have had to reapply about twice a day - But SO Worth it :)


3 comments:

  1. I know this is an older post, but I'm at my wits end with my dog his paw licking has gone to higher heights. I have the two oils you mentioned how do you dilute them for application.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question - I am so sorry I did not explain better.
      Yes I diluted them a bit in Sweet Almond Oil
      You can see how small the container is that I used Sadly I do not remember what size it was - I think 5oz of oil then added the drops of Lavender and Peace and Calming
      I hope that answers your question
      Let me know how it worked for you. I understand had this not worked I am not sure what else I could have done besides go bald pulling out my own hair ;)

      Delete
    2. Then I would dip my finger in the mixture and rub it on her paw - Both sides - for each paw (her issue was her front paws but would do it to her back ones as well - that way her had the scent on all of them and the oil is great for their pads)

      Delete