Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Winter Chapstick

With winter time around the corner it is time to think of ways to protect your lips

We have a friend who has some great bees, some Busy Little Bees :)
+Clay Harper  he is harvesting some of the most beautiful honey I have seen in a long time
When I saw the last batch I had to order some :) Order here

We call the UPS truck Santa's Year Round Big Brown Elf :)
It showed up today and in it was some of the most amazing tasting honey I have ever had, interesting point I think I should make - I don't like honey, I never have, I love how it looks but never how it tastes till today!!!  WOW!!!  So yummy, I now understand the fuss.  I honestly just ordered it to have on my kitchen counter I had the perfect place for it and it matches the decor, I will be using this a LOT instead :) !!!

I went to Pinterest to find some recipes - I found one for  Honey Orange Lip Balm
Loved the idea, just put a twist to it :)

You will need
3 Teaspoons of Bees Wax
2 Teaspoons Honey
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
10 Drops Orange Essential Oil
10 Drops Thieves Essential Oil

You need to melt the first 3 ingredients together - I used the glass bowl shown in the picture
I put it in the middle of a pan - the pan was filled half way up with water
The glass bowl was in the center of the pan and heated the pan, while constantly stirring the contents of the bowl till it was completely melted
(As a side note - I used a micro-plane to grate up the bees wax, it melts faster)

Once it was all melted, I took it off the heat added the essential oils and stirred again
Then Pour into chapstick containers - I only had one chapstick container and poured the rest into a small container (perfect for around the house)

This is the most fabulous chapsitck I have ever made, and perfect for protecting my lips this winter :)



No comments:

Post a Comment